Procedures for Renewal of a Graduate Certificate
- To renew a graduate certificate program, the originating unit must provide an assessment of the certificate program over the previous five year period of time.
- In Curriculog, the originating unit will start a new proposal using the “Graduate Certificate Renewal” proposal form, completing sections A & B. The form will ask you to provide enrollment data, as well as evidence that graduates are successful. Once the proposal is launched, the workflow approval process will begin with the Originator Step.
- Approvals by the Office of Accreditation and Assessment and the appropriate college committees and deans are sent to Graduate Council and finally the Dean of the Graduate School.
- Renewed certificate programs will be approved for a five-year period.
- Any proposed revisions to this graduate certificate program must be submitted separately on a “Program Revision” proposal form found in Curriculog.
- If rejected, or no longer justified by strong enrollments, graduate certificate programs can be ended using the “Program Inactivation” form found in Curriculog.
- If the certificate renewal includes courses not yet approved by faculty governance, the new courses must be approved through the normal faculty approval process before they can be offered in the certificate program.